Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

More new Fabscraps and a Swirlydoos challenge!

I am totally in love with Fabscraps Industrial Chic collection!!  It is so shabby and so gorgeous!!  Here's another LO that I did with Industrial Chic and I've created a challenge at Swirlydoos with this layout.  Check out my challenge here.





For this layout you will need:

  • Fabscraps Industrial Chic paper collection:  C67 005,  006
  • Fabscraps windmill diecut from Journal Box MC67 001A
  • Fabscraps chipboard piece DC67 007 Rustic Beautiful
  • 12 x 12 sheet cardboard
  • Flowers, leaves, embellishments of your choice
  • Water spritzer
  • White paint or gesso
  • Embossing powder
  • inks
Instructions:

  1. Spritz the cardboard and tear off some of the facing so that you expose the ribs of the cardboard.  Randomly paint the cardboard with white paint or gesso.
  2. Cut C67 006  to approximately 10 x 10".  Distress and ink the edges.   Center and adhere to the cardboard leaving the edges free of adhesive so that you can slip the strips from the next step underneath.   Randomly mist with a coral colored mist.  I used Heidi Swapp Georgia Peach.
  3. Tear four 3/4" strips from C67 005, ink the edges and then tuck underneath the large C67 006 square.
  4. Fussy cut some flowers from C67 005 and adhere to the left side of the page so that they are underneath your chosen photo.
  5. Adhere the windmill to the right side of the page such that it is partially covered by your photo.
  6. Mat your photo with cardstock and then pop up and place on your layout.
  7. Alter the chipboard title to suit your needs.  I have heat embossed it with Ranger Antiquites California Stucco.  You could also paint or ink it or even leave it plain.  Adhere the title to the lower left photo.
  8. Embellish to your liking with flowers and leaves.  I have used Petaloo Botanica Coral flowers and I am Roses small roses.

I'll be sharing amother layout from Oh Sew Beautiful tomorrow so be sure to stop by!


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Maggi ... these papers are absolutely beautiful ... and so to is your layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...