Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Swirlydoos July KOM - more creations!

Our July kit has a beautiful collection of Blue Fern Studios papers, Ombre Dreams.  This is my first chance to use Blue Fern's papers and I must tell you they are fabulous!  Definitely the heaviest weight papers I have used so they work really well with mixed medias.

On this layout, I used a photo of my younger brother. He was the cutest kid ever, with blonde hair and blue eyes. I chose one of my favorite color combinations, using blue cardstock from the cardstock add-on and those gorgeous Petaloo yellow Botanica blooms from the flower add-on. The daisies are from I am Roses.

The chipboard pieces came in the Embellishment add-on and are a Blue Fern flourish that I cut apart and heat embossed. Those pretty doilies are part of the main kit.



 I love Prima's wooden embellishments and this one came in a set included in the Embellishments add-ons.


I did a little masking using Golden's Crackle Paste and a Prima mask - both from my stash.  You can see Prima's wooden rose embellishment peeking out here, also from the Embellishment add-on.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Core'dinations Vienna Lake
Patterned paper: Blue Fern Ombre Dreams collection: base - Susan's Dream, rectangle - Ginger's Dream, torn rectangle - Blue Fern packaging
Letters: Maya Road
Chipboard: Blue Fern Flourishes
Embossing powder: Ranger Antiquities Weathered White
Flowers: Petaloo Botanica Blooms yellow 1102 103, I Am Roses daisies
Masking paste: Golden Crackle Paste
Paint: On letters, Shimmerz Dimensionsz Blue Lagoon, then covered with glitter
Other: Melissa Frances Doilies, Prima Wooden Embellishments


I have used nearly every smidge of paper that came in the kit but I did manage to put together this little card using scraps from Prima Princess paper that was also part of the kit.  I added the bit of lace and the small flowers.  The leafy branch is a die cut using a Memory Box die from the store.




Tomorrow I have a video tutorial up, hope you'll stop by and check it out!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...