Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

My Hero My Dad layout with Fabscraps Gentlemen's Club

Here is a layout honoring my Dad who served in the US Army for 28 years. We lived in France, Germany and Japan while following him around the globe.  He also served in Korean and Vietnam but we were not allowed to accompany him to those places so we lived in NC during those times. It was an interesting way to grow up!

We have a Round Robin challenge at Swirlydoos every month and this is my entry for my team 4.  You should join us in the fun, you do not have to use our kits to participate in the Round Robin.

I used Fabscraps Gentlemen's Club for this layout.  It's a perfect collection for scrapping the guys in your life!  Lots of masking and misting on this layout.  Fabscraps makes great chipboard pieces to go with their collections.  Here I've used their hot air balloon, title and clock chippies.  What I love the most is that there is also diecut paper to cover the hot air balloon chippy available.


These are metal flowers that I've dabbed with embossing ink and Stampendous aged gold embossing enamel.  I love this effect on metal embellies.


I used a gold Sharpie pen to outline the title.  It really makes it stand out.


For this project you will need:

  • Fabscraps Gentlemen's Collection paper range:  C66 003 Airship x 2, 005 Gentlemen's Attire,  007 Thoroughbred
  • Fabscraps Mask  DS 010 and masking paste
  • Fabscraps chipboard pieces DC 004 My Hero My Dad, 013 Clock, 015 Hot Air Balloon
  • Fabscraps Journal Box MC66 001A
  • Fabscraps Sticker sheet ST66 002
  • Mists
  • Light and dark brown paints
  • Balloon
  • Gold pen
  • Embellishments - flowers, twin
  • Instructions:

  1. Cut a 10" square from the center of 003 and set this aside to use in another project..  Distress and ink the edges of the frame that is left.
  2. Fussy cut the half globe from the second sheet of 003 paper.
  3. Cut the clock strip 2 1/4 x 8" at the bottom from the 2nd sheet of 003.  Distress and ink the edges.
  4. Use a deep border punch (I used Martha's Stewart's Scrolled Hearts)  to cut an 11" border from 003 and then ink the edges
  5. Cut a strip 2 3/4 x 8" from 007 Thoroughbred.  Distress and ink the edges.
  6. Cut 1/4" from all the edges of 005 Gentlemen's Attire.  Mask in the lower right corner with Fabscraps Mask DS 010.  I also masked on the top with Prima's  different mask but I think the Fabscraps Mask would look great over all the page.) After the masking paste dries fit the mask back over the masked pattern and paint over the mask in a color to blend with the layout.  I used Distress Paint Antique Linen. 
  7. Mist the page randomly with colors of your choice.  I used Lindy's Creme Brulee Cream and Mission Bells Brown.
  8. Paint the chipboard clock and title with a dark brown paint.  I used Viva Cacoa.  Use a gold pen to outline the words on the title chippy.
  9. Select one of the die cut hot air balloons and adhere to the chipboard hot air balloon.  Ink around the edges.
  10. From the sticker sheet 002, select 2 of the small clocks and one of the men standing on a clock and stick on a scrap of neutral cardstock, fussy cut around the three stickers from the cardstock.
  11. Cut 3 banners from your scraps.  The largest should be 1.75 x 8.25", the other two should be about an inch wide and two inches long.  Outline with the gold pen.
  12. Assembly:
Center and adhere 005 to the frame cut from 003
    • Adhere the deep border punch to the top of 005 as shown
    • Adhere the clock strip 003 to the 007 strip.  Adhere these to your page about 5" from the top.
    • Use foam tape, squares etc. to pop up the hot air balloon and attach to the right side of the page as shown.
    • Attach the title over top the hot air balloon and use foam tape as necessary to make it level on the page.  Add the man on a clock over the title as shown.
    • Cut cardboard to fit under the half globe (or use foam tape) and glue to the globe.  Attach to the bottom left corner.
    • Add the chipboard clock near the bottom overlapping the half globe.
    • Layer the banners underneath the photo and then adhere your photo to the layout.  Tuck the two small sticker clocks underneath the photo on top of the chipboard clock.
    • Embellish with flowers of your choice and a piece of twine at the top along the border cut.
Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate that you take your valuable time to visit my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Maggi, outta the park my friend! You did a gorgeous page in honor of your dad :) Love all your techniques. The flowers are awesome, nice going :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow stunning sooo great details love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...