Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Flying Unicorn and Sketches: Creatively Yours

I did this LO using the beautiful Riddersholm papers made in Denmark.  They are a nice heavyweight and so very pretty!  You can get these papers at the Flying Unicorn store.   There are two Christmas lines and several other lines that are great for vintage and shabby chic projects, really good for ANY project!

I used this week's sketch from Sketches: Creatively Yours.   There are lots of great interpretations of this sketch posted at S:CY, be sure to check them out.  We'd love to see your interpretations of this sketch so give it a try and leave us a link to your LO. 

Here's my interpretation.  I made the ginormous poinsettia using a Sizzix die, kind of over powers the photo  but it was fun to make.  The picture is of NIka, Christmas 2010 when she was 8 months old.  The snowflakes are Dusty Attic covered with Stickles crystal and icicles.  The letters are Pink Paislee sugared with Diamond Dust. 

Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it!


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO! That ginormous flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful take on the sketch Maggi...love the big flower, it just pops off the page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very festive page. I love the flower and adorable photo. Darling lo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely made that sketch look interesting! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is sooo gorgeous Maggi!! You rocked the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the sketch! The ginormous poinsettia is to die for! Perfect photo too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...